The world is more interconnected than ever before — and the need to bridge political and ideological divides has never been more urgent.
In a political year, Fresno Bee used transparency and conversation to help community understand journalism, and itself
“So many times we forget to listen!” How Spaceship Media moderated a Facebook group of 400 women without it going off the rails
In this podcast, participants from “Guns: An American Conversation” reflect together on the positive, mind-opening conversation experience
Journalists can learn a thing or two from television writers, namely that nuance and depth are critical to understanding “the other”
No screaming or yelling, lots of personal stories. A Facebook group where liberal and conservative women actually listen to each other
21 Americans with opposing views on guns sat down to talk to each other. Here’s what they discovered
“If we want to learn the truth, we have to find new ways to listen.” Why journalists need to embrace nuance
Journalists and innovators are fighting polarization and division. Four news startups trying to improve civil discourse
Spaceship co-founders Eve and Jeremy join this podcast episode to discuss what happens when Trump and Clinton supporters meet
“I have learned from this group that civil bipartisan debate is possible and ultimately healthy!”
The moment for dialogue journalism is now, and it’s inclusive, compassionate, and should be applied to everything
A Facebook experiment with California liberals and Alabama conservatives suggests beliefs, not facts, are what really divide us
A roundup of AL.com stories that made a real difference to Alabamians in 2017, including “Tackling the Gap”
Can 5,000 strangers have a productive Facebook dialogue? Spaceship Media is about to try “and they’re convinced it won’t be a dumpster fire”
“We must learn to listen to the public conversation before we can hope to inform it”: dialogue journalism’s role in a new media landscape
This podcast episode covers Spaceship’s work to create spaces where people can communicate in meaningful ways
“The goal of the project is to listen and elevate voices”: AL.com is benefiting from ‘extreme engagement’ using groups
25 Trump voters from Alabama + 25 Clinton voters from San Francisco = 1 surprisingly good Facebook group
“What’s next for Spaceship Media?”: An interview with Spaceship’s co-founders Eve Pearlman and Jeremy Hay
“I thought it’d be a great opportunity to try and understand”: KPIX San Francisco’s special segment on “Talking Politics”
Keep up with Spaceship Media by subscribing to our newsletter!
- 01/30/2019 – 🚀 ¡Spaceship’s January News! 🚀
- 12/20/2018 – Onward to 2019! 🚀 🌎 December Newsletter!
- 11/27/2018 – 🚀 November Newsletter! Gobble gobble!!🍗
- 10/31/2018 – 🎃 Happy Halloween! Here’s what we were up to in October!! 🎃
- 09/30/2018 – September newsletter highlights our live event!
- 08/07/2018 – Where we’re featured! Where we’ve been! 🚀
- 07/10/2018 – 🚀 July Spaceship newsletter!! 🚀
- 05/22/2018 – Checkout 😉 Spaceship Media’s latest partner!!
- 05/03/2018 – Spaceship Media Newsletter!!
- 04/11/2018 – Spaceship is really taking off!
- 03/06/2018 – 😳 UPDATED! Spaceship newsletter
- 03/06/2018 – The Many launches and more
- 12/21/2017 – One year of Spaceship Media
- 11/27/2017 – Spaceship Media Newsletter
- 10/02/2017 – Spaceship Media Newsletter